The Prime Minister Special Scholarship Scheme (PMSSS)
All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) is a statutory board of the Government of India which is inviting applications for the Prime Minister’s Special scholarship (PMSSS) for the scholars of Jammu and Kashmir. The government of Jammu and Kashmir is providing the scholarship to different categories so that financial problems does not cause a hindrance to study. The scholarship was launched in 2011-12 to support scholars to pursue higher education outside the state. The registration process will be online. The scheme provides the scholars with academic fees and maintenance allowance for studying in NAAC, NIRF, NBA ranked institutions. Scholars can get up to Rs. 3 lacs scholarship per annum along with other grants. This scholarship is a merit-based scholarship for the youth of Jammu and Kashmir only.
Objectives of The Prime Minister Special Scholarship Scheme (PMSSS) are:
- Educating, enabling, and empowering the youth of J&K to compete in the normal course.
- Facilitates access to quality education to equip them with knowledge, skills, experience, and training.
- Boosting them with employment.
The Prime Minister Special Scholarship Scheme (PMSSS) Scholarship Eligibility- Who can Apply?
- Candidates ought to be a permanent resident of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Annual family gain must not be more than Rs.6lakh.
- The applicants must have passed a 10+2 examination from Jammu and Kashmir board or CBSE Board situated in J&K.
- The applicants who are willing to study outside the state of Jammu and Kashmir.
- If the candidate’s admission through lateral entry then their diploma course must be recognized from any reputed institute under J&K.
Students Not Eligible
- Applicants not fulfilling the above-mentioned criteria.
- Applicants who do not register through the online AICTE registration portal.
- The student who studies from distant or open boards.
- Applicants who had taken admission through agents or NGOs.
- Applicants studying any postgraduate courses.
- Candidates who were absent during counselling.
Qualifying Factors- What Documents are Required?
- Aadhaar card
- Caste certificate
- Residential certificate
- Income certificate
- Mark sheets of Grade 10 qualifying exam
- Mark sheets of Grade 12 qualifying exam
- Diploma certificate for lateral entry candidates only.
- The Latest Passport size Photograph
- Student ID proof
Benefits or Advantages of J&K Scholarship
- The whole course fee and the maintenance fee is paid by the Government of Jammu and Kashmir.
- The financial account of the institute gets credited by the fees like tuition fees, exam fee.
Further in this article, there is a complete detail of the rewards and benefits provided to the candidates.
The stepwise application process to apply for the Jammu and Kashmir Scholarship are:
Check how to apply for Prime Minister Special Scholarship Scheme by following these simple steps given below:
- Visit the official website of Prime Minister Special Scholarship Scheme Home Page @ www.aicte-india.org
- Now, click the “PMSSS 2020-21: Registration”.
- Select the Particular Category 12th Registration or Diploma Registration.
- After this, fill all the necessary details and upload the scanned copy of the photograph, signature, and all supporting documents.
- Check and preview the details before submitting the final application.
- Verify the email through the link received on email or SMS.
- Now, the registration is complete.
For documents, verification visits the nearest Verification Centre from July 14, 2020. The full list of the center is given under.
List of Verification center for 2020 : Check here
J&K scholarship status can be found by login with the official website. Click here
Jammu and Kashmir’s application scholarship status can be found by login with the official website.
Terms and condition for PMSSS
- It is essential to verify the documents at the Facilitation Cum Verification Centre after submission of the application.
- The seat allotment is done through online counselling only by AICTE.
- The merit list will be shown before the 1st round of counselling results.
- The academic fee will be directly disbursed by AICTE to the institution.
- The photo and signature uploaded on the portal must be in .jpg, .pdf, .png format with the size of the file not exceeding 2 MB.
For more information Check here
Jammu and Kashmir Scholarship Rewards
A total of 5000 scholarships are awarded for the scholars studying in courses like General Degree, Professional Courses (Engg., Nursing, Pharmacy, Hotel Management, Architecture), and Medical courses.
No. of Scholarship
Academic: INR 30,000
Academic: INR 1.25 lac per annum
Medical, B.D.S, courses
Academic: INR 3lacs per annum
Important dates regarding application 2020-2021
Last date of online registration
September 18, 2020
Last date of document verification
September 21, 2020
Choice filling option open for all those candidates whose documents have been verified
September 08, 2020
Publishing of Merit list
September 24, 2020
Document Re-verification at Verification center
September 28-September 30, 2020
Publishing of Merit List on Portal
October 06, 2020
NOTE: The calendar of events is tentative and is subject to change due to Covid-19 Pandemic.
Scholarship fee charges
No fee is charged for the application process. It's free to register.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q1. Where to check the details of the Nodal officer?
Ans. Applicants can check the details of the Nodal officer either on the Welcome Letter of the Institute or in their login.
Q2. What documents are needed while document Verification?
Ans. Candidates must bring a Self-attested photocopy and original of the following documents.
- AICTE Allotment Letter (in original)
- Welcome Letter (in original)
- Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Character Certificate of 12th class (in original)
- Five Passport size photo
- Passed 10th class certificate from school authority showing Date of birth (in original)
- Passed 10+2 class certificate from J & K board or CBSE affiliated schools located in J & K state (in original)
- Residential certificate
- Income certificate
- Aadhar card
- Bank passbook
- Physically handicapped certificate (in original, if any)
- Passed Diploma certificate from J&K Technical Board (for lateral entry only)
- Reservation Certificate (in original, if any)
Q3. Is it important to attend Counselling?
Ans. Yes, it is important otherwise student will not get benefits.
Q4. Is it necessary to get the documents verified at the Facilitation Centre?
Ans. Yes, it is necessary otherwise students will not be eligible for scholarship.